Fear of Selling, Protecting Ideas, Podcasting and More: 20 Questions
It’s time to dive into the ol’ listener mailbag and answer a few questions in this week’s edition of The Side Hustle Show.
I’ve had quite a few interesting questions come in since the last Q&A episode, and picked 20 to talk through in today’s show.
Click here to join Side Hustle Nation for free!
Like this format?
This is the 11th installment of “20 Questions” so feel free to go back and binge on the older ones too:
- 412: Side Hustle Ethics, Charging Your Friends, the Side Hustles I’m Most Excited About, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 365: Market Saturation, Mind Mapping, Miracle Mornings, and More: 20 Questions, with Nick
- 346: The Con of the Side Hustle, Beanie Babies, Affiliate Marketing, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 320: Multiplying Money, Morning Routines, and $100k Side Hustles: 20 Questions with Nick
- 291: Email, Ebooks, Platforms, and Conferences: 20 Questions with Nick
- 271: Brilliant Blogging, Ruthless Productivity, and Guaranteed Success: 20 Questions with Nick
- 245: Network Marketing, Imposter Syndrome, My Side Hustle Mistakes, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 219: Growing Traffic, Monetization, List-Building, a Day in the Life, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 198: Blogging, Branding, Book Writing, and Finding the Right Side Hustle for You: 20 Questions with Nick
- 181: SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Self-Publishing, Udemy, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
A common piece of advice you’ll hear is to take audience questions and turn them into content, so here’s a meta example of that in action.
This episode covers overcoming the fear of selling, combatting shiny object syndrome, passive income motivation, podcasting, protecting your ideas, and more.
- How do you get over the fear of asking someone to buy your service or product? (1:42)
- Should I gain a skill to start a side hustle or just jump on some ones that have little barrier to entry? (3:45)
- How do you combat shiny object syndrome? (5:14)
- Do you have to have an established site to qualify for affiliate programs? (6:52)
- I’m thinking of expanding the focus of my website. Should I rebrand? (7:59)
- Are there tasks too small for virtual assistants? (9:32)
- What are your thoughts about leaving a side hustle as a “hustle” instead of a business? (10:08)
- Can you send it to me in French? (10:58)
- What low startup cost businesses can a 14 year old do? (12:07)
- Is there a service you would recommend for monetizing newsletters through sponsorships? (13:55)
- What are the top three things you would do to monetize a (new) podcast? (17:21)
- What’s the hardest part about hosting a podcast? (18:59)
- How do block days work if there’s a conflict between your schedule and someone you’re trying to meet with? (20:17)
- What’s your take on the best length of time for a podcast? (21:26)
- How do I transition from my full-time career to my side hustle? (22:44)
- I have a idea that if shared with anyone or investors could be easily stolen. How do I protect it? (25:04)
- I just made my first $5 in passive income! How can I keep this newfound motivation alive? (27:51)
- I’m finding it difficult to grow my Facebook page. Any ideas or advice? (29:29)
- How would you go about getting your first freelance clients? (30:37)
- What makes a good KPI? (33:02)
Links and Resources
Thanks so much for tuning in!
- Skillshare – Get a free trial of Skillshare Premium Membership, with unlimited access to 30,000+ on-demand classes!