Money lessons I learned during the 2008-2099 recession
Here are some lessons I learned during the 2008-2009 recession. Highlights:
– Recessions aren't just about money. The human toll is far worse than what the market tells you.
– If you have savings, you can weather the storm
– Don’t get overconfident. When things get bad, they get bad everywhere
– Have a plan so you don't act erratically.
– Second stream of income is easy to ramp up, but harder to start from zero.
– People get afraid as a generation. This is very bad for their financial futures
– There are opportunities during recessions.
*About these Fireside Chats*
With so many of us stuck at home for the forseeable future, I wanted to help. The best way I know how is to teach. I know money, business, careers, and psychology, so tonight – and every night until this is over – I'll be sharing what I know and answering your questions. Please join me every night and send me your questions via email or IG (@ramit). New topics tonight, and every night. 8:30pm Eastern on my Instagram account, then posted here afterwards. To learn more about working from home, creating a flexible schedule, and earning more, sign up here:
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.