The surprising similarities between fitness and finance
2 things that surprised me:
1. How powerful compound interest is
2. Actual portion sizes of peanut butter, almonds, and rice!
Over the past 15 years, I’ve spent a lot of time learning about fitness, food, and finance. There are some similarities among them:
– We don’t track per calories/ spending
– We eat more than we know/ spend more…
– We debate minutiae about IF, keto, Whole 30… just like we debate interest rates and random stocks
– We value anecdotal advice and quacks like Dr. Oz…just like we listen to our friends and family members (who have never learned about personal finance)
I talk about them in today’s Fireside Chat!
*About these Fireside Chats*
With so many of us stuck at home for the forseeable future, I wanted to help. The best way I know how is to teach. I know money, business, careers, and psychology, so tonight – and every night until this is over – I'll be sharing what I know and answering your questions. Please join me every night and send me your questions via email or IG (@ramit). New topics tonight, and every night. 8:30pm Eastern on my Instagram account, then posted here afterwards. To learn more about working from home, creating a flexible schedule, and earning more, sign up here:
I Will Teach You To Be Fit
Sir, the volume of almost all videos is very less. Even at home with the birds chirping during lock down I am not able to hear you.. It just disappoints me as I can’t gain knowledge without listening.. Request you to please use mic if possible ?
Hi Ramit, would appreciate if you used a mic in your videos from now on. Really valuable advice, thanks ?
Hey, great video and comparison.
What was the name of the book you mentioned at the beginning of the video?
Fyi I can hear you fine!