My 3 favorite books on positive mindset
* Playing Big by Tara Mohr
* Open by Andrew Agassi
* Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
Playing Big by Tara Mohr
* Learn how to identify the narratives we tell ourselves.
* Understand why we play small — out of safety, security, fear of failure. I need to have a Master’s degree! I need to take another 10 classes!
* Future version of yourself — who do you want that to be?
* Written for women, but I found it immensely useful
Open by Andre Agassi
* How to win when the stakes are high — every last detail thought through, like racket tension
* He hates playing
* But he can’t stop — he’s been programmed since childhood to play
* He shares what happens when you win and when you lose — like how deathly quiet the locker room is. We instinctively have a need to know “What it’s going to be like,” although we can never really know until we live it ourselves
Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
* Small, scrappy, hustling — handing out Nikes to Hollywood stars
* Scaling — when things start to grow
* And then things get really hard
Stanford Mystery: Who's the Old Guy In the White Nikes?
– 69 yrs old
– “I suggested he start somewhere at his level of ability," Mr. Wolff says.
– Entry-level creative writing class
– Participated during class, turns out he’d been trying to write a novel for 20 years
– Paid for drinks, took classmates out to Palo Alto bars…then flew home in his private jet
What effect has positive thinking had on your income?
Where’s the line between positive and unrealistically positive?
How do you retain the information you read in books?
FIRE! Love your book bro?
great content it was really good
Mindset matters most!
Thanks for the reminder.