Top 10 Most Important Things To Do After Installing WordPress
Once you have installed WordPress it can sometimes feel daunting not knowing the next step. In this video, we will show you the top ten most important things to do after installing WordPress.
If you liked this video, then please Like and consider subscribing to our channel for more WordPress videos.
Text version of this tutorial:
Check us out on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Tweets by wpbeginner
Join our circle on Google+:
Checkout our website for more WordPress Tutorials
Summary of this Tutorial:
1) Change the title, tagline, time zone, and favicon to personalize your site.
2) Change your permalink structure under Settings, Permalinks.
3) Configure your reading section under Settings, Reading if you want your posts on their own page instead of on the home page.
4) Delete any themes you do not use to reduce the chance of vulnarabilities.
5) Install a cache plugin to speed up your site to reduce the load on your server.
6) Look in to a security plugin like Sucuri.
7) Install a anti-spam plugin like Akismet that comes with the default WordPress install.
8) Install a SEO plugin, we would recommend SEO by Yoast.
9) Have a sharing plugin on your site.
10) Schedule backups on your site to protect your work.
Add a favicon
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.